Friday, December 18, 2009

What is a good quality oil painting brush for ';scrubbing'; that won't fall apart?

I'm an amateur beginning oil painter and I've developed a good style but I can't find any brushes that can hold up. Mainly I use the harder hog brushes in brights or flats, and lately housebrushes. In the end however they shed quite a bit and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a brush that doesn't shed as much? ThanksWhat is a good quality oil painting brush for ';scrubbing'; that won't fall apart?
I would recommend a high quality hogs hair bristle brush. There are many good brands...just pick a high end brush. Another fact though is that some of the medium range hogs hair brushes are not that expensive and you can buy several. I use them and actually like the feel of them after they get used a bit. I personally love Daniel Smith brand brushes...you can buy them online at Danielsmith.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment