Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Good Quality Olive Oil?

Does anybody have any suggestions for a really good extra virgin olive oil. I love to dip italian bread in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I have bought some from the store, but the taste is just not as good compared to something you would have in an Italian restaurant. Any really good brands, I'm willing to pay extra, just have to be able to find it without going across the country for it. Thanks!!!Good Quality Olive Oil?
The best way to buy extra virgin olive oil I've found, is to buy it by the 3 liter metal container. If you like good quality oil and use it a lot like I do, it's more economical this way.





Currently, I have Abruzzo from Italy, and Kalamata from Greece. I usually have Spanish oil, too. In this size, extra virgin olive oil runs $17-$25 per container. You can find decent prices at no frills Mediterranean or European markets. Sometimes supermarkets have special prices, and warehouses have good prices too.Good Quality Olive Oil?
Pacific Sun is THE BEST. Paula Deen uses it as well. It is homegrown in Tehama County hand picked olives to make the best extra virgin olive oil. It comes from a small family orchard. I know the guy who owns the buisness and trust me he takes pride in the quality of his oil.
gerally with olive oil, you get what you pay for... you also want to make sure the bottle it comes in is dark, so it doesn't let too much light through, this could spoil the oil
Check out these viengars and extra virgin olive oils: http://www.all-things-italian.com/catego鈥?/a>
Bertolli EVOO!
Kirkland from COSTCO is pretty good, I think. Of course, anything made in ITALY or Greece should be pretty good as well
I usually use Bertolli, its good and still in my price range

No comments:

Post a Comment