Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oil quality?

I presently use Mobil 1 in my vehicles and have had no problems with anyuthing. I was wondering though if anyone knows the following two questions.





1. NAPA oil, is it really Valvoline in a generic NAPA bottle?


2. If AMSOIL is so good, why was I not able to locate the American petroleum institutes starburst symbol on the bottle?


3. If using synthetic oil is it really feasable to go 6 to 7,000 miles between oil changes? I go by the cars oil life monitor and average 6,500 between changes. I have had no problems so far and both my cars run great. I guess I am just looking for input. Thanks





I do not know ht ese answers and was wondering if anyone else did.Oil quality?
Oil is oil as much as gas is gas. Some minor differences in additives, although synthetic is different than regular oil.


AMSOIL is a scam.


Yes, synthetic will run longer than regular oil w/o breakdown. As far as the oil life monitor goes, well, it may be ok, then again, the manufacturer DOES want to sell you a new car not too far down the road....Oil quality?
Change you oil per manufacturers recommendations. Use a good oil and a good filter like a Wix (my favorite). Regular maintenance pays. Napa oil is made by Valvoline to Napa's specs. Only difference
You can go 10,000 miles, but you may want to change the filter at about 5,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment